The bridge, built in 1921, spanned Mimico Creek at Martin Grove Road, just north of Rathburn Road and the plaque remains in the EHS archives.
Albion Grove Village
In 1963, a new subdivision in Northern Etobicoke called Albion Grove Village was the first “all electric” subdivision in Ontario.
Andrew & Martha Coulter Farm
Underneath yellow vinyl siding and a white neoclassical portico sits Andrew and Martha Coulter’s original Georgian house of red and yellow brick.
Settled in a hollow at 85 Bankfield Drive in Etobicoke's Thistletown area, is Toronto’s last remaining working farm.
On November 25, 1910, a new Jewish congregation established a Bais-Oilom, translated literally as a “House of the World”, a euphemism for cemetery.
Bigham Agar Farm
Brigham Agar Farm is a large 1½ storey house of riverstone on a hill overlooking the Mimico Creek Valley.
Claireville Tollhouse is the oldest remaining building in Claireville and one of the top 10 oldest structures in Etobicoke.
Edward Scarlett's House
The story of Edward Scarlett’s house starts with his father, John Scarlett of Newcastle, England who arrived in the Town of York in 1808.
Fred Fetherstonhaugh bought a large property on the waterfront in Mimico and built a new house, naming it Lynne Lodge after his family home in Ireland.
Franklin Horner Community Centre
The Franklin Horner Community Centre (formerly Franklin Horner Public School) celebrated its 100th anniversary in November, 2010.
In 1925, the Crumptons built a new home in Westmount called “Greystones”, named after the house’s exterior stone.
Grubb Farm "Elm Bank"
The Grubb family emigrated from Scotland in 1833 and settled on a lot in the Thistletown area, calling their new farm “Elm Bank”.
The first school in Highfield was built in 1845 of logs donated by Joseph and Mary Ann Smith on the corner of Rexdale Blvd. and Martin Grove Road.
This house at 4884 Dundas St. W. in Islington is a listed heritage property, yet some aspects of its history have been a mystery for many years.
The Moore house is a simple 3-bay Georgian farmhouse made of brick laid in a Flemish-bond pattern, once kilned on the property.
The Mercers acquired 345 acres of land between 1820 and 1830, and built this large brick two-storey Georgian-style home.
Built in 1832, Montgomery's Inn stands today at 4709 Dundas Street West. It continues to provide visual evidence of early 19th century life.
Newborn Farm - 8 Daisy Ave.
Newborn Farm was built in the Gothic Revival cottage style popular in Ontario 1840-90, especially for farm houses.
The Noble-Daniels Houses
Theses homes are located in what was once a major market gardening area, near Mimico Creek and The Queensway.
The Robert Coulter House
The Coulter House is one the area's more elusive historic houses because the most interesting architectural features are not visible from the street.
St. Matthias Anglican Church
St. Matthias is a rare example of a late 19th century Victorian Gothic frame country church and is the only designated church in Etobicoke.
Six Points Hotel
This hotel was a well-known stop for travellers, buses, drivers, and anyone wanting to wet their whistle or grab a meal.
The story of this house begins in 1803 when Alexander Thompson received a grant of 200 acres of land in Etobicoke.
The Old Mill Inn
On August 4th, 1914, Robert Home Smith opened his Old Mill Tea Garden restaurant at 21 Old Mill Road, the same day war was declared.
The Toronto Humber Yacht Club
A large frame structure that once stood on the west bank of the Humber River, has a long and rich history before becoming a Yacht Club.
Designed as a Sick Children’s Hospital, Thistletown Hospital is an excellent example of Modern Classical architecture.
Islington's First Bank
This story of how the village of Islington got its first bank comes directly from the personal memoirs of a local man.
Islington Golf Club
In 1913, the seed for Islington Golf Club was planted by three entrepreneurs with a vision for a community golf club.
La Rose Farm
The La Rose family initially lived in a log house and, sometime between 1852 and 1860, built a new home for their growing family.
There is a heritage house on Kipling Avenue, south of Dixon Rd., that is easy to miss - but is actually the oldest home in Etobicoke.
This beautiful heritage home at 631 Evans Avenue was built ca. 1901 from 550 tons of shale and limestone, by owner, Charles McGillion.
Tom Riley Park
On December 18, 1941, Etobicoke Township’s Council conferred the name “Central Park” to a new athletic field they had opened.
The Traplin-Berry House was built in 1892 south of Dundas Street and west of the Humber River in the milltown of Lambton Mills.
About 1828, Abraham and Ann Ward emigrated from Ireland to Etobicoke with their eight children. In 1829, their son Andrew started building...
For awhile in the 1960s, most of the buildings on Warrendale Court were at the very frontier of treating severely emotionally-disturbed children.