The board is currently seeking a dedicated volunteer to manage our social media and web presence. This is an ideal role for someone with a passion for online community engagement, creativity, and most importantly…. history! In this volunteer role, the right individual will act as the voice of EHS. They will develop campaigns and share information that is engaging and of value to our followers. They will also be responsible for regularly updating the website and helping to build future programs to further improve our online presence and grow our audience.
Qualified candidates should have:
- Working knowledge of the Weebly CMS for the website as well as management of Google Domains.
- Knowledge of Square payments and ability to support our basic eCommerce needs through Weebly.
- Have experience and interest in posting both organic and paid content to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- An understanding of what makes great social content that engages the audience and grows overall followers in an organic fashion.
- Both creative and analytical flair for understanding what engages our audience and how to present content that gets lots of likes and shares.
- A passion for history and the work of the Etobicoke Historical Society.
Due to the ongoing growth of our audience and the demands of our board, this role is being created to give a new individual an opportunity to own the EHS digital experience. This role is ideal for someone who is in marketing or communications and is looking for the opportunity to “own more” by being the single point of access for all things “online” at EHS. If you’ve always wanted to gain experience and credibility for being the manager of a major not-for-profit digital program, this is a great opportunity. Candidates with an interest will be interviewed by our current board member responsible for our digital programs. If selected, they will help you transition into the role over the coming months, as well as be an ongoing resource to help you be successful!
This role requires an individual who is committed to a long-term volunteer opportunity where they can truly evolve and build a voice of the audience experience. In applying, we ask that volunteers make a commitment of 2-3 years in helping to build and execute a social media and web strategy for EHS. The opportunity is great, and we hope to find the right person to be able to get the most of it!
Interested individuals should send their information (Resume, Career Summary, or an Outline of their Experience and Interest) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.