The Etobicoke Historical Society is seeking a volunteer to fill the key role of Treasurer on our Board of Directors.
- Managing banking, accounts payable and receivable, investments, and bookkeeping.
- Ensuring that proper financial policies, procedures and controls are in place and followed.
- Ensuring that financial records are properly maintained.
- Submitting financial reports to the Board of Directors and our members as required.
- Preparing and submitting grant applications.
- Preparing and filing annual reports required by the government to maintain EHS’s status as a registered charity.
- Ensuring insurance coverage is in place for the organization.
The EHS Treasurer will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Experience as a certified accountant or bookkeeper an asset
- Experience on a volunteer Board of Directors an asset
- Unquestioned integrity; relationship skills; organizational and administrative skills; and action-oriented.
- Must have a computer with internet access and Word/Excel software (or equivalent.)
- Able to participate as a board member and attend board meetings in Etobicoke approximately nine evenings per year.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact:
Joel Winter, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org